Sunday, August 7, 2011

Belgium - where I lived for 3 months, although you might not know it

So, just like I never really talked about work, I realized that I didn't mention much about this little country where I've been living.

I showed you my first day of tourism and my adventures in Bruges (has anyone seen the movie?)

Now here's a bit more of the trouble I've gotten myself into.

All around town

View of the city from the overlook outside the Palace du Justice (courthouse)
12th century church on the left, spire of Grote Markt on the right,
and a tiny lighted Atomium, far in the background in the center

Manneken Pis
He only gets dressed for special occasions.

A pita/kebab place made just for me

They seem to like him here

Pretty realistic, huh?

Anyone recognize TinTin?
Originally a Belgian comic, he has a new movie coming out in the Fall.
FYI, the Smurfs is originally Belgian, too.
I LOVE The Smurfs!!


Fiesta at the Marine house

Corinne wearing the sombrero

A couple of my friends from the Local Guard Force

Me wearing the sombrero.
It matched my outfit.


Belgium National Day, July 21st
Military Parade

These are the guys that escort our cars when we're going somewhere important.
Their driving skills are impressive!

It started raining at the beginning of the parade and stopped right at the end.
Typical Belgium :)


Salute

I got a thumbs up!
Can you see it?


Gent, Belgium

Climbing the belfry tower

View from the top of the belfry



The Atomium

If Grand Place isn't the landmark of Brussels, this is definitely it.



No comments:

Post a Comment